Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Work, work, work

I worked today and will work the rest of this week and, most likely, next week as well. I love getting to work but feel bad about getting excited about it. I'm subbing because the lady I have normally taught with (and am now subbing for) had an ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery. Her name is Courtney and she could use your prayers.

Stuff like that changes your perspective a little. I received an email from our friends Gailyn and Becky VanRheenen today. They lost their oldest son in a wreck February 12 just shy of his 35th birthday. He left behind a young wife, a 20 month old son and an 8 month old daughter. That most definitely changes your perspective.

I feel like my blogging is a downer today. I don't really feel "down". I'm just looking at life a little differently this afternoon I guess. The weather is spectacular. It's 81 degrees and sunny and breezy. Where are my kids? Inside watching TV and playing video games. If it was 42 degrees, they'd be outside. I'm not going to complain too much though because about every 10 minutes or so Josiah comes over and sits in my lap and hugs me and gives me kisses and tells me how much he loves me. Yeah. Good stuff!

And besides, my sink is still clean! (and so are my toilets)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 81 and sunny??!!! Here it's in the mid to low 70s and overcast & rainy! So much for paradise!

And you are definitely right about the perspective thing.

Love,
geraldine