Monday, February 20, 2006

"Flying" Lessons

She's called the FlyLady. About a year ago I heard about her at a Lady's dinner at church and checked out the web site but never signed up officially. She helps you keep house. Todd describes it as "housekeeping for people with ADD" and it is so wonderful! I use her "emergency clean" method when I have company coming but if I follow her plan I shouldn't ever have to "emergency clean" again. That's the plan anyway. I'm getting about 15 e-mails a day reminding me to do little things. Easy things. Things that I don't feel intimidated by but will help out so much! And she says over and over, "You are not behind, don't try to catch up. Just jump in where you are right now." Everything is small baby steps. The first day all I did was clean my sink. The second day my whole job was to make sure the sink was still clean and shower and get completely dressed and leave my shoes on. I have received e-mails today but I need to go check my "Day 3" list online. Meanwhile....

My sink is spotless and has been for almost 2 whole days now. My sink is empty and so is my dishwasher, how weird is that? Part of what she reminds me to do is drink my water and moisturize my face....all of it designed to help me feel better about myself.

Housekeeping has been my one major failing all my life and I SO want to change that! So here's the goal, and you're gonna help me: I'm gonna stick with this 100% for at least 21 days. 21 days to form a habit right? I've never made it to 21 days of clean sink in my entire life. Can I do it? I am so motivated right now. Will you help?

And, if you feel like you're living in "CHAOS"(Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) then you should do this with me. Change is easier in groups. Check it out and see what you think:

www.flylady.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this site & I so hope it works for you, because you need to have folks over more! 8^)

Love,
gdine