Thursday, March 02, 2006

How Cliche'


First off, how do I do accents on this thing? Hmmm.

O.K. Yesterday I saw a robin in my yard pull a worm out of the ground and eat it. It is such a cliche' that it took me by surprise. All my life I've seen cartoons of that exact scene but I never really expected to see it in real life. I've seen birds eat seeds and flying bugs and all sorts of stuff but never an actual worm...and a robin at that! My kids thought I was nuts when I went on and on about it.

And today the coolest thing happened. I got an e-mail from a good friend from Africa. She and her family were Burundian refugees in Tanzania. They have relocated to New Zealand and are doing well. And if that weren't exciting enough, her e-mail was also addressed to another friend of mine and I e-mailed her and she emailed back today! She and her family are Dutch missionaries in Dar es Salaam. She was one of my best friends in Mwanza and her son was Hunter's. I can't even describe to you how good it feels to be reconnected with these friends.

Even the smallest gifts from God can make your day so wonderful! Like a robin eating a worm or (even better) old friends appearing suddenly on your e-mail list. God is good. Life is good. God makes life good.

No comments: