Monday, January 23, 2006

Yesterday

We had a great morning at worship yesterday. The church (Southlake) was really nice. The service was informal yet everything ran smoothly. We felt like we fit right in. Even the kids liked it!

Todd sat around with their "interim minister" and worship minister today for a few hours and visited. They were just answering any of his questions. He responded to their vision document yesterday via e-mail and finally got our computer to cut a sermon CD for him. The next step is for his paperwork to be sent to the elders. They will screen his stuff and either send it on to the "search committee" or not. They do not recommend, they simply weed out the bad ones. Which is probably the same thing.

They are in no hurry and have no time line, which is a bit of a bummer for us but not anything to really complain about. Again, Todd has a phone interview for a youth ministry position on Thursday night.

I am currently in the midst of a new project. I'm sewing a shirt for Todd to "cowboy shoot" in. It's a "vintage" pattern that Simplicity puts out (remember that .99 pattern sale?) Did I tell you about the shirt yesterday? I don't have the energy to look it up. I'm learning things I never knew about "gussets", "narrow hems" and "flat-felled seams". There are no exposed seams on this puppy. I guess they were designed to survive the long-haul. I'm also learning why they sell for so much online. Maybe I've found a new career......maybe not, we'll see how it turns out. So far I'm pretty proud of it. We went with plain muslin and I'm down to the collar and bottom hem.....and buttons.....and a little hand-tacking......and button-holes.........O.K., I've got a bit to go yet, but it looks good so far!

Hunter and Josiah got hair cuts....hairs cut....hairs cuts? Anyway, they both look MUCH better. Maybe I'll post photos. Like how I tease you like that?

In parting, I found a list of oxymorons on www.bored.com tonight and found one I've never thought of as an oxymoron before: dodge ram. It made me smile. You?

No comments: