Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Weekend

See, I told you, people don't blog on the weekends. Well, it's over now and I can sit down and tell you all about it. I managed to finish Todd's shirt in time for him to go "cowboy shooting". I stayed up late sewing on the buttons and then put it in to wash out all the markings I had made....they didn't come out. At midnight, I'm hand scrubbing a huge shirt with dish soap. By gum, I did it though! I then re-washed it and dried it and then ironed it. I napped some in between and crawled into bed at 2am.

The guys were supposed to get up at 4 and leave at 5. I woke up at 4:30 and everybody was still asleep. Todd's alarm hadn't gone off. I said, "Todd!"(quietly and then a little louder) he said, "What..?" (or something to that effect) and I said, "It's 4:30," and he said, "Tell me what's going on (with great confusion in his voice)," and I said, "Your brother will be here in half an hour!" and he said, "What happened?" From there the morning progressed fairly well. Todd's sister and her family had arrived the night before so Shawn (her husband) was already at the house. We managed to get him and Todd showered and them and Hunter fed and dressed and packed up and out the door with Mike (who drove in from Little Elm) at just about the right time. They arrived in Abilene an hour early so next time we won't stress about the 4 am thing. I, myself, went back to bed and slept until 8.

Alicia and I then spent our day with 5 of our 6 kids at my house and McDonalds and eventually at Bearly Used (a second-hand shop) and things went quite smoothly, you know, for a day with 5 kids. I even taught Alicia how to knit! She says she finds it stressful instead of relaxing but she's still pretty proud of herself. I'm proud of her too!!!

The guys got home at about 6 and we let them clean up and change into normal clothes and then we went to eat and to Cabella's. The Todd's sis and fam' left right after that. Mike had left as soon as the guys got back here. We were all pretty whooped at the end of the day but we all had a blast and hope to be able to spend more time together from now on.

Today our family visited the Richardson East Church of Christ in Richardson (I know that's redundant, but you never know around here). They are currently searching for a youth minister and have narrowed their search to about 20 applicants. The church was nice. While not a "conservative" church, they are still quite traditional in many least in worship. The most fun part of the day was getting to hang out with Mike and Susan and their two boys. Todd knew Mike and Susan when he was in high school and attending church in Irving. Their oldest boy is a little younger than Josiah and has Asberger's Syndrom, which is a form of autism. They are a fun couple to hang out with, their boys are sweet and I like being able to "compare notes" with Susan. And I promise I'm not just saying that because I know Susan reads my blog. ;-P By the way, Susan, do you have a blog too? Let me know.

That in itself is a funny story. Do you see that "Next Blog" button at the top right of the screen? That takes you randomly to some other blog at It's a fun way to pass the time. Susan was cruising blogs one night and happened on Todd's. She started to read it and went, "Hey, I know him!" She linked from there to our family site and got our e-mail address and that's how we got back into contact! How fun is that?

I have some pictures of Todd in his cowboy get-up and I'm hoping he took some shots during the day out there. My camera, however, is still in his truck so I'll have to wait to upload them. Meanwhile, you'll have to content yourselves with that shot of the now famous shirt.....which doesn't fit him.

Ya'll keep praying about the ministry hunt!

No comments: