Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I don't know how to tell you this....

but Todd quit his job yesterday.  I really can't explain why that is so comforting to me.  I should be upset but I am so relieved.  Is Faires Jones the only man I know who listens to his wife?  Well, he says he does anyway.  I'd have to check with Eula for verification on that.
Todd has several other jobs he's applying for right now, two of them ministry positions.  I have put several things into my mouth this morning but from this point on I am fasting and praying about the job situation.  I will fast until tomorrow, at least.  I do better if I tell someone else.  Don't let me forget.  The feeling I hate the most when I'm fasting is realizing that there's a taste in my mouth, that I've eaten a bite of something and I can't even remember what it is because I popped it in without thinking at all.  When I fast regularly, it doesn't happen as much.  Maybe that's why God is making me wait for my sense of security, so I'll learn to fast like I should. 
Todd is substitute teaching today.  He trained and went through the whole process with Keller ISD a long time ago and this is the first time they've called him when he didn't have to work.  They call all the time,  just always when he's working.  They never called on days he had off.  It was the strangest thing.  Today, however, he is working.  He can make twice what he made at Radio Shack subbing.  Go figure.
 Could you just let me know you're reading my blog?  Click on "Comments" and then type your name in the big box, click the "anonymous" option on the right (I know, it's oxymoronic) and then type in the weird-shaped word you see (it protects me from advertising comments).  Then click the "Publish your comment" button.  That's it.  It will put your name on the comments page and also send me an e-mail.  Give it a try.  It's exciting!
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

Hi there! We check your blogs every couple of days or so; thanks for the postings. Keeps us in the know as to how you guys are getting along.

Praying here for Todd's job search. Sometimes I feel that "waiting" is the toughest part of faith. Don't despair; God is faithful. Your time will come.

Love to you, Todd and boys.

Scotty Harris

Anonymous said...

Geraldine needs hydrotherapy.
Geraldine needs to keep her backlight lit!
Geraldine needs more help than the animals can give her.
Geraldine needs a gig.
Geraldine needs to keep her cool. through the highs and the lows.
Geraldine needs to shutup.
Geraldine needs to develope a passing game.
Geraldine needs some help.
Geraldine needs to Find a 3.11 Spanish language installer for her old PC.
Geraldine needs to find work because she and her husband are getting a divorce.
Geraldine needs hair or tissue samples.
Geraldine needs a reliable father figure.
Geraldine needs a husband!
Geraldine needs to tell him what’s what.
Geraldine needs you :)

Wow, I have needs I didn't even know about!!

Anonymous said...

Linda and I continue to pray for you and Todd and the boys. God is not as interested in our destinations as how we travel the journey. I know your road is a testing one at present, but focus on His glory and you will inspire the world.

Love you guys,
John Herzog

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

i read todd's blog too, but you are much better at updating yours. let us know how it all works out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,
Just want you to know how much we love you. You are such a wonderful Christian Woman and I miss you, my dear. I know Davis
misses Hunter, too. I hate you're going through such a tough time. ---sigh---- One small thing I've learned is to always have Hope. God is faithful and He cares so much for you and He hears your aching heart. Stay on your knees as I will for you. love, Tamara