Sunday, November 13, 2005

Josiah is sick

My sweet Josiah has been sick all weekend. It's what I get for bragging, I guess. I knew it was going to be rough when something finally did break through his tough immune system. He had a fever all day Saturday that just kept getting higher and higher despite the ibuprophen until about 11:30 Saturday night when it reached 103.1. At that point I thanked my Heavenly Father for a friend in another time zone and called Bob Kiser. I received good medical advice and then visited with Geraldine for an hour. After which I battled a 9 year old's fever for what felt like eternity. Eventually it slackened and he woke up all perky....for a while. Then he threw up twice and we had a yo-yo day between fevers and medicine doses.
His fever went back up to 102.3 tonight but as of now he is sleeping soundly and sweating profusely, which means the fever has broken. He still won't be able to go to school tomorrow but he should feel much better. We've already mentioned to him that he won't go to school and he's confused but not at all unhappy about getting to stay home. That may change when he sees Hunter riding off to school in the morning. We'll see.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: