Sunday, September 11, 2005

We Have Returned

Well, we survived. We seem to have passed all the tests. Now all we need to do is recover. We're both so exhausted from self-exploration we need a vacation. I took a good long nap this afternoon and am still sleepy. We were interviewed 12 seperate times, if you don't count the telling of our personal story for the group and the exit interview. Something about that (and going to be late for 3 nights in a row) wears you out.

My favorite quote from this weekend comes from Eloy Garcia:
"I'm so transparent, I can't see myself anymore."

My favorite part of the weekend was going to some apartments that the Riverside Church of Christ is setting up for evacuees from New Orleans and getting to meet some people. I saw people with nothing trying to give money to the coordinator to "help" and I saw some of our folks come out of an apartment with a box of food they had been given by evacuees "to help". These are some neat folks.

Mom got to do some of her shop-hopping this weekend with the boys, which leads me to believe that they were fairly well behaved. And now they can tell me where all the good quilt shops are around here.
Now we have to get back into the swing of things for a week and go back for another Lab after that. This next Lab is "Strategy Lab" and goes all week long. Woo-hoo.
Alright, I'd better go start "swinging back".
Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your quote reminds me that there is only so much "naval-gazing" you can do. Stay focused on HIM.
Greg