Monday, August 07, 2006

School update.

Well, I think we're ready. We've bought the supplies, washed the socks, gotten the shots and met the teachers. We've even chosen an instrument.

I think everyone's teachers are going to be great this year. They all seemed really nice and really "together". There's nothing quite as scary as a teacher who's as disorganized as I am. Those make me think, "That's why I'm not homeschooling him." None of those this year!

Josiah and Isaac will be at the same school, which will be handy, and Hunter doesn't start until 8:45 every day. The fact that I'm supposed to be at work at 8:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays worries me a bit, but I can probably work something out. Isaac will be in afternoon kindergarden so he doesn't have to be there until noon. Once again, Josiah will have to be the early bird, but he's my most suited to the task. He'll need to be there between 8:10 and 8:20. Todd's talking about bringing him on his scooter. He'll love that!

Hunter has decided to play the cornet in band this year. It's a small trumpet. The band director tried to talk him into a euphonium (small tuba) but it was bigger, took more breath and had more buttons (valves). I, personally, would opt for tuba over trumpet on the coolness scale, but he's thinking practically. Smart kid.

We start on Wednesday so we'll know soon enough how it'll all go. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen started with the trumpet and then on to the euphonium during marching season. I think once you learn any one of those, the transition to another is not too hard. Email Ellen for any hints....

School starting was always the best ever birthday present for me! 8^)

gk