Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update on the Play

I had an IEP meeting for Josiah yesterday. Well, not IEP exactly (we weren't making an education plan) but a meeting with the speech therapist, the occupational therapist and the teachers. I got some good advice, helped start a plan for Middle School (OMG!) and learned a little tidbit that has my head spinning a bit....in a good way.

Josiah's name was drawn out of a hat for that part. His name was not even in the hat, but just before the teacher drew names he announced that his name needed to be in the hat. She threw his name in and it came out for the dog.

Part of me finds that hard to believe, the other part has come to expect things like that. You can call it "luck" if it makes you feel better, but this was a little too specific to be pure chance. God does some pretty amazing things sometimes. Most of life is pretty amazing if you stop and think about it, but sometimes God's hand is way too obvious to ignore.

We have a good God and he is good to my children. For that I am profoundly grateful.

No comments: