Sunday, November 25, 2007

Doing my Duty

Because it is the sworn duty of all parents to completely humiliate their children whenever humanly possible:
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9596216292


And kudos to Pepco...our local electric company. A squirrel committed suicide on the transformer in front of the church this morning, blowing our power and the church's and who knows who else's. They came within the hour and had it back on, despite our never actually speaking to a human when we called. Guess they listen to their messages, eh? Wondering when it would come back on made me appreciate a warm house on a cold morning.

And because I don't want 2 posts in a row without a picture, here's the amazing herb garden Todd bought me last month. I've wanted one for forever and he surprised me with this one. It was so beautiful...and handy. I say "was" because I killed it. I'm not sure how. I did what I was supposed to but it turned brown and died. Sigh. The rosemary lived. I guess that counts for something.

1 comment:

Geraldine said...

So you've started a plant hospice too! The only plant in our house was a gift. I'm trying to stay away from them for now. 8^)

Glad you are warm again!