Wednesday, June 07, 2006

You learn something new every day....

Today it's meme. I was hitting Next Blog a couple of times and ran across a blog that was fun. It suggested that you grab the nearest book, turn to page.........anyway, I'll be doing that in a minute. First, though, it was headed as "...a meme for all you meme lovers out there." So I looked it up at www.wikipedia.com. Fascinating. Check it out. It's too big to cut and paste here.

Here's the book thingy:

1. Grab the nearest book (not the coolest you can find, the one actually nearest to you).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence in your journal (blog) along with these instructions.

So, due to my past posting, Donald Miller's Through Painted Deserts is what's nearest me right now. The fifth sentence (if you start with the first full sentence) reads:

"You were right about the cereal, Paul."

I think it's supposed to be fun, not earth-shattering. :-)

No comments: