Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Remember those windmills?

I posted pictures and comments on the huge wind farms in West Texas a while back.


I was just watching Discovery Science and they were talking about those wind farms. They said...and I'm paraphrasing here because I don't have a script.....

In the 1996 the governor of Texas decided to make Texas a major provider of wind power (or something along those lines). Now, Texas is the number one generator of wind power in the United States.

Oil country. Becoming green.



Know who that governor was?

George W. Bush.


Just sayin'.



They also talked about the Solar Decatholon in DC. I saw that being set up! It's so surreal to live here sometimes.

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

There are those who would argue that TX has ALWAYS been a big generator of wind power....long before those windmills were installed! 8^)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a wind farm.