Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pre-Halloween Carnage

This is the mess that precedes Halloween.

This we did a week ago:

Josiah is not actually as upset as he looks. He just doesn't enjoy slime all that much.

This here is why I'm up so late:

How many of you have ever stayed up til midnight on October 30th finishing up a costume? I must admit that this is not my first time and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. I've been doing this since 7th grade or so. In my defense, I have been working on this for many weeks now. I started with the body of the costume then altered some gloves and was making the hat/mask tonight. It's a Sonic the Hedgehog costume for Josiah. The hats were too expensive on eBay and I put off making it because I knew it'd be a pain. It wasn't actually all that bad. I took a stuffed...what would it be? action figure?....because there are no dolls in this house! ;-) Anyway, I traced all the pieces of it's considerable head and made a pattern then cut and sewed it out of blue felt. It only took a few hours. I love felt!!!

You don't get to see it until tomorrow, though. When our hero tries it on as soon as he gets out of bed....because you know he will! He actually asked to sleep in it but it wasn't quite finished.
At one of his "fittings" earlier this evening I asked him if he was happy with it. He said, "Y plus E plus S equals 'yes'!" then said, and I quote exactly, "T plus H plus blah-blah-blah equals 'Thank You'!" and gave me a huge hug. Sometimes he's so cute I could puke!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: