Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Perfect Day for......

You know those days. The ones that are incandescent after a week of dreary, cold rain. Where the sun is shining bright and the air is warm and the breeze is sharp and cool. You know what those days are good for?
Learning to ride a bike, of course!

This is the school parking lot.
Both are doing quite well, though neither is a "rider" quite yet. They can make a decent show of riding a few yards before having to drop their feet for balance. No skinned knees or elbows and I believe both are game for more practice.
I have learned that I am a terrible teacher when it comes to riding bikes. I'm far too "helpful". Todd does a lot of fussing, but the boys got much, much further with him behind them than with me. I'm cool with that. That's why there are two of us. Besides, it's hard work running behind a boy on a bike!

No comments: