Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It's time

It's just time for a new post. Now I get to think of something to blog about.


Let's see: The school year is almost over and I, for one, can not wait! Our Preschool program is tomorrow night and then we have 2 more school days and 1 more work day and then I'm free!!! (at least for the summer) Meanwhile, we've finished "Me Books" for each student and finished up the Mother's Day gifts. Now all we have left is one more Color Book project and a Father's Day gift. We have to do it all ahead of the holidays since school will be out by then. Could we just say, "No school, no project?" No. sigh. After my week and a half I think there are 2 more weeks of school for the boys then we're all free! Yay for sleeping til 8!


I finished up my next sewing project (a "sock turtle") and posted about it at the knitting blog. Next up: a frog. We'll see how that goes.


Hunter's hockey team came in second in the league for the season and took 3rd in sudden death over-time at the tournament. It was a real nail-biter. They lost in the last 2 minutes of the 5 minute over-time. Wow. His school band also took 1st in the band competition they had last week. I'm glad he's getting to enjoy such a fun year. I have a feeling 7th grade is gonna kick his rear. I won't tell him that, though.


We had some storms tonight but nothing major in Keller. Of course. It seems to always pass us by. I'm thankful to God for that. The worst was trying to convince Josiah that it was o.k. to come inside, even though the power MAY go out. After it blinked a couple of times he decided he'd rather stay outside in the rain, lightening and wind than come inside where he was unsure of the power. We eventually compromised by turning all the lights out. That way it wouldn't matter if the power went out. It worked quite nicely, if I do say so myself.


Now. Let's see if I can find a good pic' for you.
Here ya' go. Ike's class at his program last night. They split the Preschool into two and have 2 nights of programs instead of trying to have all 12-15 classes go in one night. I am so, so grateful!
Isaac's 3rd from the left on the back row.

No comments: